Saturday, February 3, 2018

French Chia.


Saturday morning. Sophie is having one of her bad hair days.


She arrives in the kitchen. I look at her. She looks at me. ' Goodness ' I say aloud.


Bob, who doesn't have bad hair days, is in a jovial mood. There again Bob is always ( with the exception of when the post lady comes to visit ) in a  jovial mood.


The farmers continue to blockade the motorways. Nearby hotels and cafes are starting to suffer from the dearth of passing trade. '' Hold Steady Boys" says the local paper demonstrating a supportive editorial line for their key readership.


Angus bought the PONs some healthy treats at the dog store in London. They contain Chia. Bob refuses to go near them. His sister loves them. This may not be a great recommendation as she will ( and does ) eat any and everything.

What a coincidence. An article deep inside the paper informs us that a nearby farmer is the first in France to grow Chia commercially. 



12 rules for life are clearly a thing. Here's some more  : https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/view/articles/2018-01-30/megan-mcardle-s-12-rules-for-life?__twitter_impression=true


7 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Not such a snappy twelve as the first ones you gave us. Some worthy sentiment though. Mlle Sophie - time for a blow-dry methinks... More importantly, are all at the ROF ready for the rugby rumble this arvo??? YAM xx

Emm said...

I have recently seen a couple of breathless "news" stories about how and with what products stylists style the amazing 'do of the Duchess of Cambridge. Perhaps Sophie needs some of those, a bit of spray or a wave tamer?

Swan said...

Chia is very healthy..my horse gets some every day.

Taste of France said...

The local paper knows where the farmers would head next if the editorial weren't adequately enthusiastic.
OTOH, there's a Swahili proverb: wakula ni wengi, wakulima ni chache: The eaters are many; the farmers are few.
Personally, I love chia. I put them in yogurt and let it sit until the seeds get soft and gel-like.

rottrover said...

Dearest Sophie, I thought of you yesterday when I caught a huge mole in my yard. I carried it around in my mouth much of the afternoon. I wish yo could have smelled my breath! Your loyal fan, Otto

Coppa's girl said...

Isn't it always the way - your brother never has problem hair ! Sophie, save your pocket money and buy yourself a wig for those bad hair days.

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Two years ago Chia seemed to be in everything. Haven't heard of it much lately.....

Typical of Bob to have manageable hair. Boys always seem to inherit the long eye lashes.....etc.